Blog Posts

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

12 Dates of Christmas: Dates 10-12

I'm excited to wrap up my 12 Dates of Christmas series with the last 3 dates! Here we go!

On the tenth date of Christmas...
Wrapping presents can definitely be a chore, but I thought it would be fun to make it a little bit more exciting by making a date out of it! We laid out all of our presents we needed to wrap, got out the paper, scissors, tape, ribbons, bows, etc. and got to wrapping! We put on a Christmas movie and ate food while we wrapped! It was fun and made a tedious task more enjoyable!


On the eleventh date of Christmas...
Since I had been planning all of the dates so far, I wanted to let Ryan have a little bit of a say in the date we went on on December 11th! Originally, I was going to let him chose between going out to dinner, going bowling, or going to play Skee Ball (one of our favorite things we did when we first started dating!) and we decided to do both dinner AND Skee Ball! Well, that was until I got sick that day. :( Instead, we made soup and stayed at home, which wasn't ideal, but we revisted this date later on to make up for it!

This is my homemade italian beef and vegetable soup! I'll have to share the recipe soon!

On the twelfth date of Christmas...
I was really excited about this date because when Ryan and I were about 3 1/2 months into dating, we went to Bass Pro one night and had such a fun time because they had turned it into Santa's Wonderland! Bass Pro is HUGE in Springfield, Missouri where we used to live, so going to Bass Pro was like Disney World for men! Plus, they do such a spectacular job of converting it into a magical place!


Isn't that amazing? It's really cool! If you live near a Bass Pro Shop, but never go in, I recommend it at Christmas time!

And there we have it folks, the 12 Dates of Christmas! I hope you enjoyed these fun ideas to do with your someone special around the holidays! It was fun because we got to do things that only happen once a year, splurge on some dates like the Cirque Holidaze show, save on some at home dates with movie nights and games, give back to those in need with Toys For Tots, and turn some of those not-so-fun holiday tasks into something memorable and fun!

Get creative with the dates and look at your local city's events calendar to see what holiday things are taking place! Hope you enjoyed the 12 Dates of Christmas series!

No comments:

Post a Comment