Blog Posts

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

12 Dates of Christmas: Dates 1-3

Last year, I thought it would be fun to surprise my boyfriend with a date every night for the first 12 days of December! I called it the 12 Dates of Christmas and every morning he got to open an envelope that shared what fun thing we would be doing that evening/later that day! I had so much fun coming up with the ideas and putting it together and he had so much fun being surprised every day! It really made the holidays more exciting and brought us closer together!


The photo above shows how I displayed the envelopes - I clipped them to garland I strung on the staircase! It was so fun having them displayed! Over the next few days, I'm going to share with you each of the dates and today we are going to start with dates 1-3!

On the first date of Christmas...
I love seeing shows and had really enjoyed seeing a Cirque show while we were in Las Vegas, so when I heard that a version of Cirque was coming to our town to do a Christmas show, I knew that I would love seeing it! So, for our first date, I bought us tickets to go see the Cirque Holidaze show at our local university!

 The tickets were pretty inexpensive and we had a blast doing something different and unique! There are all sorts of shows that you could go see for a date similar to this - a lot of places have local theater troupes that put on Christmas plays or musicals, many singers go on holiday tours, etc! Just check out your town's events calendar to see what's coming near you!

On the second date of Christmas...
 
I knew that doing the 12 Dates of Christmas could ultimately get a little pricey, so I made sure to do some activities that we could do for free as well! I love putting up the Christmas tree, so I thought making a date out of putting up the tree and decorating it would be a blast! And it was! We put on Christmas music, made some yummy food, and made an afternoon out of it!


Oh, and don't be frightened by that little elf under my tree! Some people find him creepy, but that's Krisken - he was passed down to me from my grandparents! I always loved him as a child and I'm so glad I get to keep that memory with me during the holidays!

On the third date of Christmas...
Ryan loves puzzles, so I thought it would be so much fun to buy a Christmas puzzle and spend an evening putting it together!


Can you tell he was excited? LOL! I bought the Holiday NYC puzzle from Walmart for only about $5! It was so much fun to spend the evening talking and putting the puzzle together!

And these are the first three dates in the 12 Dates of Christmas series! Stay tuned for the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment