Blog Posts

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sunday Love List: Desserts

With Thanksgiving coming up this week, I know a lot of people are going to be baking and making yummy, delicious goodies for their gatherings! So, today on my Sunday Love List, I thought I would share some dessert recipes that I have found that make great treats for the holidays! I'm not a very patient baker, so all of these recipes are super simple and easy to make when you need to whip up a quick treat to bring to a party or cookie exchange!

1. Chocolate Coffee Toffee Chex Mix
 I love chocolate, coffee, and toffee, so when I found this recipe on the Chex website, I knew I had to try it! It was super simple to make and was amazingly delicious! I love puppy chow, so this was a fun twist on the classic version! Recipe here!

2. Reese's Rice Krispie Treats
The first time I tasted these to-die-for treats I fell in love! I bought them at a dessert auction at a charity event and searched high and low for the recipe! I finally found it on another blog and made them myself and they were Ah-mazing! I made these and brought them to my sister's graduation party and everyone ate them up! If you like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and rice krispie treats, then you will love them! Recipe here!

3. Jello Pretzel Salad
One of my old co-workers made this Jello Pretzel Salad for a potluck one time and I couldn't believe how yummy it was! I love strawberries, so the topping of this was delicious and then you get the gooey creamy center and a crunchy caramely bottom! It was super simple to make too and what I love about this dessert is that it's unique and not one you see all the time! Recipe here!

4. Poor Man's Turtles
Poor Man's Turtles or Pretzel Rolo Turtles are always a staple in my family's holiday treats! They are probably the easiest thing to make ever and are a huge hit! All you need are pecans, rolos, and pretzels! We have switched them up a lot before and made them with Reese's or Hershey kisses instead of rolos and added M&M's on top instead of pecans! They are the perfect salty and sweet dessert! Recipe here!

5. Fall Fruit Salad
I was hunting for a good, healthy, holiday treat a few weeks ago and stumbled across this fall fruit salad recipe! I made it and brought it for a potluck at work and it is sssoo good! It tastes like it belongs in a pie or on top of oatmeal and it's the perfect fruit dessert for anyone that wants to eat healthy or for those that are gluten free! I made mine with apples, oranges, pears, craisins, and walnuts! Yum, yum, yum! Recipe here!

And there you have it - 5 easy to make desserts for the holidays! Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment