Blog Posts

Friday, November 22, 2013

12 Dates of Christmas: Dates 4-6

I'm excited to share the next set of my 12 Dates of Christmas! If you missed dates 1-3, you can check them out here!

On the fourth date of Christmas...
This was probably my favorite date out of all 12 because I loved the idea of giving back to others! I work for a non-profit, so it's probably just in my blood to love doing things like this! We couldn't find a local place that had an Angel Tree, so we ended up donating to Toys For Tots, which is just as wonderful!

Ryan and I had so much fun on this date because we felt like little kids again wondering through Toys R Us and finding a toy to donate! I picked out the game Cootie because it was one of my absolute favorites when I was a kid! And Ryan picked out a John Cena wrestling action figure because he loves to watch wrestling! We hope that two little kids out there enjoyed their toys last Christmas!

On the fifth date of Christmas...
I love to decorate cookies on Christmas Eve, so I thought it would be fun to make cookies together! Ryan and I went to the grocery store to pick out what we wanted and instead of cookies, Ryan wanted to make cupcakes! We found some scrumptious hot chocolate flavored cupcakes - chocolate cake with marshmallow frosting! They were delicious!


Yummy gooey deliciousness! This date was fun because we don't bake very often and it made our stay at home date enjoyable!

On the sixth date of Christmas...
When I planned out our date for December 6th, I knew I was going to have to work late that night, so I wanted to do something easy! We picked out a Christmas movie to watch together when I got home that night!


We ended up watching The Santa Clause which is probably my very favorite Christmas movie! I have a lot of favorites, but I think this one takes 1st place! It was fun getting comfy and cozy and snuggling up on the couch to watch such a funny and light-hearted movie!

Well, that rounds up the first half of the 12 Dates of Christmas! Stay tuned for the last 6 in the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment