Blog Posts

Saturday, November 16, 2013

My Top 16 Christmas Songs List

I absolutely love Christmas music! It truly is the best and it makes me so very happy when I start hearing it played every where! I wanted to share my favorites, but it was incredibly hard to narrow them down! So, I ended up picking 16 different songs that I love to listen to during Christmastime! Here they are:



Christmas Playlist by Aly on Grooveshark

1. Most Wonderful Time of the Year by Andy Williams - This song is on my favorites list because Christmas is definitely the most wonderful time of the year! And I love the version sung by Andy Williams because before he passed away, he was living and performing in Branson, Missouri which was not too far from Springfield where I lived for 9 years!
2. Sleigh Ride by Ella Fitzgerald - Sleigh Ride is definitely on the top of my list! I love this song no matter who sings it, but Ella Fitzgerald's version is probably my favorite! Giddy up giddy up giddy up let's go!
3. Give Love on Christmas Day by Jackson 5 - I love, love, love this song! It's so heart warming and is a fantastic reminder about what Christmas is all about!
4. The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole - Oh Nat King Cole, what a voice! I love his Christmas album and just recently found an original sealed copy of his Christmas album on vinyl! It sounds amazing on a record player! As soon as I hear "chestnuts roasting on an open fire" it immediately feels like Christmas!
5. Wonderful Christmas Time by Paul McCartney - Outside of the classic Christmas songs, this is my favorite "non-traditional" Christmas song! I can't help but dance around!
6. Baby It's Cold Outside by Dean Martin - I love this song so much that I can't help but sing both parts of this duet! I also love when Zooey Deschanel and Will Ferrell sing it in Elf! :)
7. Holly Jolly Christmas by Burl Ives - The classic claymation Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer is my one of my all time favorite Christmas movies and I love this song because of it! I will have a holly jolly Christmas, thank you very much!
8. Peace On Earth/Little Drummer Boy by Bing Crosby and David Bowie - Two of my favorite singers - Bing and Bowie - I just love this song!
9. Christmas Don't Be Late by Alvin and the Chipmunks - My kid at heart still loves this song! Usually the favorite Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas song is "All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth", but this one is my favorite!
10. The Christmas Waltz by Harry Connick Jr.  - It was hard deciding which Harry Connick Jr. song was my favorite because I love his voice and love him, but I picked The Christmas Waltz because it's such a heart warming song.
11. I Want a Hippopotamus For Christmas by Gayla Peevey - Hippos are my favorite animal, so naturally this is one of my favorite songs. And yes, I would like a hippopotamus for Christmas!
12. All I Want For Christmas by Mariah Carey - Okay, this is just one of those songs you have to love! We sang it during a holiday choir concert when I was in high school, so every time it comes on the radio, I do all the cheesy dance moves we did for the concert!
13. First Snow by Trans-Siberian Orchestra - I have always loved the Trans-Siberian Orchestra's Christmas music and it was always a dream of mine to see them in concert. I got my wish 3 years ago and went to the concert and I hate to say this, but it was the most boring/weird concert I've ever been to! It kind of made my love of them dwindle, but there are still some of their classic songs that I love! First Snow might not be one of their most popular Christmas songs, but it was probably my favorite song to watch and listen to during the concert, so I still love it a lot! I still picture snow falling when I hear it!
14. Jingle Bells by Barbara Streisand - I love me some Babs and her version of Jingle Bells is the best! If you haven't ever heard it before, you will love it as much as me! I try my hardest to belt it at the top of my lungs without running out of breath! lol
15. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays by 'NSync - As soon as 'NSync hit the seen (when I was 11 years old) I became their #1 fan - anyone can try to argue that with me, but I will win! When they released their Christmas album, I begged my mom to let me skip school so she could take me to Target to pick it up! She said no, obviously, but I made her promise me to be waiting in the driveway with the car running when I got off the bus after school so we could go immediately! I have the best mom, so she was waiting in the driveway when I got home, but to my surprise had already picked the CD up earlier that day and was blasting "Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays" in the car as I walked up our driveway! It's a memory I'll never forget and I will love this song and their Christmas album for the rest of my life!
16. White Christmas by Bing Crosby - Bing made the list two times, but I love him singing White Christmas. It makes me want to curl up with a fire, hot coffee, and a warm snuggly blanket! I can't resist his deep, soulful voice!

And there we have it...16 of my favorite Christmas songs! What songs are your favorite that didn't make the top of my list?

No comments:

Post a Comment